conversationbubbles:

Went shopping with my friend around Ewha and found this little asexual gem of a bag. Just 10.000 won. Instant buy!!

conversationbubbles:

Went shopping with my friend around Ewha and found this little asexual gem of a bag. Just 10.000 won. Instant buy!!

@2 years ago with 24 notes
#asexuality #asexual #asexy 

Anonymous said: Do you know any books or movies that have asexual characters?

This is such a difficult question, because so many depend upon interpretation, and if it’s an ongoing work it can change in a blink. I’ve thought of a few and scrounged up some more, but I find that a lot of these characters may be seen as a bit problematic, potentially.

The three obvious and most referred to characters recently, are, of course: Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes), The Doctor (Doctor Who), and Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory).

The issue with the first two are that, since they’ve been around so long, it depends on the writer/adaptation/interpretation. I haven’t seen TBBT, but I hear he’s said to be that, I don’t know how explicitly and I hear that changes as the show goes on.

There is Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, which is a favorite of mine. Although they are stated to be asexual unless they “make an effort” and since they are an angel and a demon, the asexual note most likely refers more to just them being generally genderless and naturally not experiencing human things like that since they aren’t human.

Canonically, Luffy from One Piece. Alan from The Hangover, according to the writers (they also say he’ll never get married so I’m not sure if they mean he’s aromantic as well or are misunderstanding what asexual means or what). Dexter Morgan from Dexter. Data from Star Trek, but he’s an android.

While I don’t know of the characters themselves, I find that many asexuals appreciate Studio Ghibli films for their lack of focus on sexual and romantic plot points and characterizations in favor of platonic friendship.

A good website dedicated to various forms of media is this one and here is a page dedicated to asexual characters (confirmed or suspected): (x)

Anyone have any other additions, please let me know, this is a common question and it’s difficult to track many down.

-Griff

@2 years ago with 33 notes
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy 

(Source: )

@2 years ago with 10 notes
#asexy #pride 

(via )

@2 years ago with 24 notes
#asexy #asexual #asexuality #ace #crafts #ring 

Anonymous said: Sometimes I think I'd more fit it in if I'd be sexual. I'm okay with being different, but sometimes it just gets lonely and like no one understand. You know?

Yeah, this is a big issue with a lot of asexuals, I find.

You’re definitely not alone.

There are plenty of people around here and in the ace tags for support. We do have a community, and I think that’s really good for all of us, when one of us gets that way.

It’s good you’re ok with being different but these moods are bound to happen, though, occasionally. It’s human nature (for most) to want to fit in, really.

<3

-Griff

@2 years ago with 8 notes
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy #ace 
princessmagpie:

when i see people wearin these colours i always wonder if theyre aware that theyre actually wearin the ace colours.

princessmagpie:

when i see people wearin these colours i always wonder if theyre aware that theyre actually wearin the ace colours.

(via furry-furrets)

@2 years ago with 61 notes
#asexy 

(via )

@2 years ago with 158 notes
#asexy #crafts 

(via )

@2 years ago with 67 notes
#asexy #ace 

Anonymous said: I am actually terrified that no one will accept me for not wanting to have sex. I'm afraid I will fall in love, but that it won't be enough for them. Is there hope?

This is a common fear for many asexual spectrum people.

There are a whole bunch of asexuals in relationships with non asexual spectrum people. There definitely is hope. It may take work, and communication is important, but mixed orientation relationships are most definitely possible.

There are also ace spectrum people who date other ace spectrum people, so really, there are many possibilities.

Shout out to ace specs who are with non ace specs?

There is also this previous ask (x) which has some nice replies you could look at for comfort as well as this current one

-Griff

@2 years ago with 9 notes
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy 

Asexual Representation Survey

I am a non-ace person writing a queer love story in which one of the main characters is asexual. I haven’t been able to decide how the character feels about sex, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on how people in the ace community want to be represented. You can click here for the survey (which allows comments), or you can go to my ask box and tell me directly.

@2 years ago with 9 notes
#asexual #asexuality #ace #asexy #submission 
conversationbubbles:

Went shopping with my friend around Ewha and found this little asexual gem of a bag. Just 10.000 won. Instant buy!!
2 years ago
#asexuality #asexual #asexy 
princessmagpie:

when i see people wearin these colours i always wonder if theyre aware that theyre actually wearin the ace colours.
2 years ago
#asexy 

Anonymous said: Do you know any books or movies that have asexual characters?

This is such a difficult question, because so many depend upon interpretation, and if it’s an ongoing work it can change in a blink. I’ve thought of a few and scrounged up some more, but I find that a lot of these characters may be seen as a bit problematic, potentially.

The three obvious and most referred to characters recently, are, of course: Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes), The Doctor (Doctor Who), and Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory).

The issue with the first two are that, since they’ve been around so long, it depends on the writer/adaptation/interpretation. I haven’t seen TBBT, but I hear he’s said to be that, I don’t know how explicitly and I hear that changes as the show goes on.

There is Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, which is a favorite of mine. Although they are stated to be asexual unless they “make an effort” and since they are an angel and a demon, the asexual note most likely refers more to just them being generally genderless and naturally not experiencing human things like that since they aren’t human.

Canonically, Luffy from One Piece. Alan from The Hangover, according to the writers (they also say he’ll never get married so I’m not sure if they mean he’s aromantic as well or are misunderstanding what asexual means or what). Dexter Morgan from Dexter. Data from Star Trek, but he’s an android.

While I don’t know of the characters themselves, I find that many asexuals appreciate Studio Ghibli films for their lack of focus on sexual and romantic plot points and characterizations in favor of platonic friendship.

A good website dedicated to various forms of media is this one and here is a page dedicated to asexual characters (confirmed or suspected): (x)

Anyone have any other additions, please let me know, this is a common question and it’s difficult to track many down.

-Griff

2 years ago
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy 
2 years ago
#asexy #crafts 
2 years ago
#asexy #pride 
2 years ago
#asexy #ace 
2 years ago
#asexy #asexual #asexuality #ace #crafts #ring 

Anonymous said: I am actually terrified that no one will accept me for not wanting to have sex. I'm afraid I will fall in love, but that it won't be enough for them. Is there hope?

This is a common fear for many asexual spectrum people.

There are a whole bunch of asexuals in relationships with non asexual spectrum people. There definitely is hope. It may take work, and communication is important, but mixed orientation relationships are most definitely possible.

There are also ace spectrum people who date other ace spectrum people, so really, there are many possibilities.

Shout out to ace specs who are with non ace specs?

There is also this previous ask (x) which has some nice replies you could look at for comfort as well as this current one

-Griff

2 years ago
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy 

Anonymous said: Sometimes I think I'd more fit it in if I'd be sexual. I'm okay with being different, but sometimes it just gets lonely and like no one understand. You know?

Yeah, this is a big issue with a lot of asexuals, I find.

You’re definitely not alone.

There are plenty of people around here and in the ace tags for support. We do have a community, and I think that’s really good for all of us, when one of us gets that way.

It’s good you’re ok with being different but these moods are bound to happen, though, occasionally. It’s human nature (for most) to want to fit in, really.

<3

-Griff

2 years ago
#Anonymous #ask #asexual #asexuality #asexy #ace 
Asexual Representation Survey

I am a non-ace person writing a queer love story in which one of the main characters is asexual. I haven’t been able to decide how the character feels about sex, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on how people in the ace community want to be represented. You can click here for the survey (which allows comments), or you can go to my ask box and tell me directly.

2 years ago
#asexual #asexuality #ace #asexy #submission